Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Friday, December 29, 2023

the Cold Moon

 


 

End of a year and about to begin  new one. We pay attention to such because of calendars and the media buzz. The reality is it doesn't actually exist this way. Time goes on and when we split into some kind of meaning, that's human nature.

At one time I would do goal statements during the time between Christmas and New Years. I got pretty sophisticated with them with sections for spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical goals. I am not sure when I stopped but mostly because I was writing a lot of the same things every year. Did that have meaning or help me change anything? Apparently not but it had some satisfaction attached to it-- until it didn't.

Now, this is just a quiet time and I appreciate that also. I have goals but don't need to write them down as I may not do much about them. They are in my head and heart.

I never called them resolutions and don't know why. For now, it's enough to know what is in my head/heart. I hope this new year will be good for the world but right now that doesn't seem encouraging. Some say don't read the newspapers or online news, but I do want to know. I'd be happier if I didn't but it's not been my way and being ignorant of what is happening has never been my way.

Do you ever think that the brightest things in our night skies, planets and the moon, have no light of their own. They are all reflecting of the sun, our star. We can be that way too with what we reflect based on what we have received.

For this blog, I have hopes that I can write meaningful posts. I have read blogs are 'out' but I don't really care. I do it for connection with whoever reads my thoughts, whether they comment or not. I had years where I got  lot of comments. These days, I mostly see none, but I know people have been here, from around the world. Whether they read, that I don't know *s*

The Beckoning Flame is reduced until the New Year when it'll go up to its regular price of $4.99 due to its length.

 Many people don't want to read long books, but I believe this one has a lot to offer and is easy to break into sections to read since it takes place over about 6 months in three characters' lives in Arizona. I love the book and its title as I think flames beckon us all one way or the other. Is it always good? That's for us to find out. As we will with this new year.

https://www.amazon.com/the%20beckoning%20flame-Winds-Change-ebook/dp/B0CQGR6N3B/

No comments: