Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Saturday, November 04, 2023

Needed distractions sometimes

 In a time where we might find ourselves on the brink of a third world war, when we discover there is so much hatred in the world for one ethnic group, and yes, i mean Jews, where most of us thought a civilized world was far beyond such thinking where it comes to bigotry. The worst being how it has shown up on our major university campuses, it's hard not to be really depressed.

If we think those wars will be far from us-- there are reasons to believe that is not true. One, many of us have offspring of an age to be called up as happened in previous wars; but with a frighteningly open border, there could be many who have entered our countries with not the purest of purposes.

What do we do? Well be informed is important but not to a ghoulish fascination; but  we need to be aware and that means around the world. So much of the violence that strikes is random. Being aware of our surroundings and world is key.

Sometimes, however, we need to look for ways to uplift ourselves. For me, I found one with this article on a creative painter I have long admired as it goes into her life with what I considered to be an uplifting documentary of Georgia O'keeffe. If you have liked her work and read all the books you could find on her life, you won't find a lot new in the video. If you have never heard of her, I think you'll find a good exploration into a creative life.

It is about an hour long and takes you to a different time and place. I hope you will give it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DMMWaGm4jU

I will post next week on the subject of aging with my thoughts on it as I see it in my own life. I want some time to think more deeply on it. After all, it is the one given in life. We do age

3 comments:

Tabor said...

The news is too depressing. All of the violence is due to the leadership of countries being unwilling to work together. The citizens do not want any of this in any of these countries.

Rain Trueax said...

I agree. So sad.

ElizabethAnn said...

I hope to watch the video about Georgia Okeeffe when I have more time. It looks interesting.