Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Saturday, September 09, 2023

discombobulated


 

I am feeling discombobulated these days. For example, I am thinking many directions, from nature to politics to relationships, to what I should do or not do based on what I am reading or my life. See, that's the problem. I don't have a fundamental direction as I've had many times in my past. Not sure what to blame that on.

Because we are working on new covers and/or titles for the eight, pulled, Arizona historical romances that are also westerns, I thought I might use a word I'd heard recently that sounded good-- until I looked up its meaning. Forget that and I won't even reveal it here since I didn't want to use it anyway. Let's just say, its dictionary meaning was not flattering in terms of using it. It is not discombobulated. That's me lol

Trying to get these eight books ready to go, three weeks or so apart, has me worried and might be part of the discombobulation. The first one came out with a different title in 2012. Yet, to bring it out again with the additions I've made, I have to call it a new book other than in the blurb where I must mention its previous appearances-- except no way do I remember them all besides the first one. I am not even sure where I can promote the book given it's new to Amazon's thinking but not to some readers, who bought it originally. I might add I can't give it away since it's not an edit but a revision... It does have a new ending, but the story has stayed the same for the gist of it-- other than improved editing. 

So rather than write about what I am working on, I want to share the newest pictures from our little piece of desert. I mentioned earlier that the cacti bloom at different times here, with the last ones, what we call barrel cactus. It is from the family Cactaceae, native to North and South America.

There are more technical terms for it, but all the ones we have were either here when we arrived or are growing now. Cactus do that-- produce and reproduce. The barrel cactus are putting on their show now.  I am not sure how old they must be to bloom, but the babies don't do it. Their fruit will form afterward, which desert animals will eat in the winter. I even saw a ground squirrel climb the spines to get at the fruit. Desert critters are tough.






 

You will probably notice the bee in some of these. The saguaros entice more bees, but one is welcome.
 

 

No comments: