Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Starting over or not...


Something came up recently about reincarnation. I've used it as a theme in several books as an explanation for how we are drawn to certain people. I've read a LOT about it, done regressions to see if I could find past lives of my own, but in the end, I am down to mystery as to what happens after we or our animals die.

I thought of something else though, in one of those nighttime between sleep times. First where it comes to beloved animals-- if they come back, do they get good lives or are they among the unfortunate who find themselves at the mercy of the cruel? Is it really better to come back if there is no control over how or where-- and that's up for debate according to my research. Some do believe there are those who track it all, make sure it's fair. I've used that in some of my fantasy/paranormal books, and it's come to me in dreams. Is it so?
 
For myself, would I want to come back? Currently, not so much if I had the choice. I was very fortunate with this lifetime. I've had plenty of angst and tears; but overall, it's been a blessed life without riches but good relationships and experiences that make me grateful for when I was born and what family and friends came into that life. The idea though of starting over has no appeal for me. I am tired and not sure that the future of this world will be one I'd like to begin again in. I imagine starting again as a baby, and think good grief, would I want do all of that again??? Do I have a choice when on the other side? Is my gratitude for what I've experienced this time a plus or minus?

When you read how some have been so abused and it's the fault of those who did have a good life, even if it was hand me-down clothes and little money, was this life unfair to someone else, who I don't even know?
 
When I did my regressions, none of those lifetimes were as sanguine as this one has been. I saw tragedies, mistaken goals, and often a shorter than expected lifetime. No queens or wealth as some claim all remember. Mine were ordinary people living ordinary lives and often ruining things by poor values. I still remember the things I saw in those meditations, with a few spilling into this lifetime, but seriously would I like to begin again... Not yet anyway. And I did get a full lifetime, which was not the case for some I have loved, where there might be more desire to get another chance.
 
Reincarnation make for a good plot for a book like Echoes from the Past where the heroine was seeking answers for her dreams. Maybe it explains some of my current life's mistakes 🙂. To have had though a good life doesn't mean I'd get the next one the same-- not based on my research and own meditations.
 
My granddaughter talked of some such memories when she was a toddler. After a while, she didn't remember them but have they impacted her life decisions anyway? Mystery to me.
 
The books with strong links to reincarnation begin with Diablo Canyon. I had that one begin from a dream when I asked for a dream that explained reincarnation to me as I'd just lost a beloved cat. The dream didn't exactly explain but it was about reincarnation. 
 

And then was another book, historical where the idea of a woman trying to understand her dreams led to her exploring the area in which the dreams had come. 
 

 
 

4 comments:

Darrell Michaels said...

Interesting. I have thought about what life would be like for me if I were immortal, but I have not really considered reincarnation and having had past lives. Thought provoking, to be sure!

Joared said...

What I wonder about is why am I me? How is it I came to be born in this country and not another and my consciousness is in this lifetime?

I've come to think the energy that gives this existence life ceases when we die. New beings come into this world with a new energy all their own which rules out reincarnation which I once considered as a possibility.

Joared said...

What if what we believe as our truth becomes out reality?

Rain Trueax said...

Reincarnation, to have meaning, would require some kind of order behind it or it'd be the most destructive of all with letting mass murderers come straight back. (one reason i don't favor the death penalty. Why recycle them sooner than need be *s*)