Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, May 26, 2021

living space

 Because many aren't aware of what vacation trailers offer, I thought I'd post a few photos before losing internet. I think not having it will be the biggest deal for me, but we aren't sure if we can have some at the farm... maybe. In the meantime, we set this trailer up well for working. The first photo is what you see as you climb the steps to the entryway.



The person from whom we bought the used trailer had changed some things for his own use-- a big one was taking out the booth and two TV watching chairs on the slide. That worked well for us as we then used that space for two desks and a work table, more fitting our needs than the booth would have been. More changes might come as we and the three cats live in it next week for a few months.





There are things we still want to change and get more workable for us-- also finding places for dirt boxes, one of the issues when traveling with cats. We also are not sure we'll get much use out of the outdoor entertainment area but time will tell. That and creating an outdoor yard for the cats to be safe and not too far from home base. You can see the small bathroom through the open door. It also has a door to enter from the bedroom, equally tiny but the main space is for the living area.

6 comments:

Tabor said...

That looks like a nice adventure and most comfortable. You cannot take a 'hotspot' for the internet? I think you will have great stories from this, but I often wonder how hard they are to drive along highways or with winds?

Rain Trueax said...

We've pulled trailers lots of times but this one is a first. We do have a hotspot but it's limited for how long you can use it and it only works where there is cell coverage, which the farm does not have.

If I get access, I'll post some things on Wednesdays as I have the Saturday ones all set up from the past. I just can't count on it.

Rain Trueax said...

Losing internet at the farm, if we do, will be the biggest loss. TV has already been something I've quit mostly watching but if we don't have internet for news, I might be more concerned to get some tv out there. I won't know until I am there which is why I wanted to set up advance posts until September 4th. If I get some coverage, I might post small ones on wednesdays as I miss having Diane there for something. But that's a big IF as I may just not have the way.

ElizabethAnn said...

It's interesting to see how a trailer is laid out. I am curious, it looks like your TV screen is at right angles to your couch, does that make watching TV a little awkward? I like the back to back arrangement of your two 'workstations', what is the gadget on the desk furthest from the camera in the last photo? Whatever it is, looks interesting.

Rain Trueax said...

I should have my husband look here and answer questions. The TV can be turned toward the sofa like our one at the house can. What I am not sure about is any value for the outside TV once we get to the farm where the dvds can't be played on it. A LOT to learn. I think on the desk is my monitor but he'll have to double check that.

Ranch Boss said...

The main TV is on an extension arm. On the far desk is Rain's monitor and a nested stainless pan set which will go under the stove and counter on the slide.