Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, December 23, 2020

By Diane: First Christmas as a widow

 Despite the pandemic, a puddle of water on the floor next to the wood burning stove, the barn door that mysteriously opened and the fact that I need help to close it, despite the long to do list, Christmas is here.

Monday the 20th of December

Feeling a little down yesterday by the immense number of to do's posted on my refrigerator, late into the evening I cut up all the small tasks into small individual pull notes and tapped them to a sheet of paper so every time I complete a task, the small paper can be pulled from the backing paper or new asks can be easily added. One 8 1/2" X 11" paper currently has 18 tasks. Small tasks include replacing burnt out light bulbs, donating books to the library, ordering a remote for a slide projector, and any task that can be done just once - not the usual every day vacuuming and dishwashing.  Another sheet has jobs like contracting a roofer for the shop or planning a budget.  Yet another sheet has jobs I am delegating to friends and family.

After making half a dozen calls today setting into action numerous future needs and appointments, I had completed succssfully my list for today.  My sense of being on top of my affairs is restored. I am looking forward to painting again soon.

1 comment:

Joared said...

Sounds like you are successfully well organized. Wishing you happy holidays that will likely be filled with many such memories.