Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, August 19, 2020

By Diane: My Caregiving Mini-art Respite #15: I must do what makes me happy to be good to Fisherman Hubby

by Diane 

 

      First, before calling the Hospice nurse about this weekend's vital signs and medications, I watch the bees in the wild flowers. Photograph the poppy. To overcome the washing out effect of over exposure on the poppy  I reduced the light setting in my Iphone which used to be the aperture. 

 

And pick yellow pear-shaped tomatoes. Eat a mock curry made with just plum sauce, cumin and ginger flavoring in oat milk and a tablespoon of keifer plus veggies left-overs. The Buddha bowl is with an accompaniment of a leafy green salad topped with cottage cheese. 

My mind is an escapist when it comes to current events. But a time will come when I will.

      I think about whether my Covid party painting is finished or not. My goal is getting some 3' by 4' canvases and replenishing my paint supply.

      Tuesday I picked up my new glasses.  Since catarct surgery last year my eyes settled down and improved.so I could not see with the old glasses  I looked at the painting of our grandson teaching a young child to fish. His eyes are almost done. Just a little touch on the left lower eyelid. Also the left pupil needs to be grayed and enlarged a spec.

    To be able to enjoy the nature around me and expressing what I feel in paint makes me happier.  Certainly enhancing Fisherman Hubby"s life.

    Sooner than later will be dealing with Fisherman Hubby's incontinence,  but at the same time he has made more space available as he sells his shop tools so I will have space to work space.

4 comments:

Joared said...

Glad you're able to gain respite with your painting that he can enjoy, too.

Rain Trueax said...

I can't imagine a more cruel disease for the family and for him. Just so sorry for what you are going through and it seems the outside world is kind of irrelevant. I find myself waking up and thinking of you two. So many years together and it's a huge pain for us too.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Today, my thoughts are going into planning for the future. So involved in family, that I left my palettes uncovered and there was significant drying. Been cleaning the pots and adding new paint. I am filling much more paint in the pots anticipating painting larger.

Late onset bulbar ALS is not so bad. He has time to share things that mean so much to me. Like he thinks he had a good life. He chooses to not prolong life - a life without quality for him. Wish you two could come an visit. Maybe you would like something from Dr. Johnson. It is a privlege to disperse treasures like an antique scale used by chemists for generations.

Rain Trueax said...

Diane, I hope we can get together when we finally can go up there. It's complicated by having to live in the trailer if we do go and work it out with our son for what he needs to have help with. Travel is complicated by the California fires and the heavy virus impact here and in Nevada.

Ranch Boss would love that from Dr. Johnson. He was a major influence on his life and that time working with Fisherman in the labs is full of good memories. The antique scale sounds very interesting. Alchemists :)