Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Diane Widler Wenzel: Entered a juried exhibit

Turnip Peel to Beach Debris
Last year I tried but failed to enter the Corvallis Arts Center's Around Oregon Exhibit.  The on line entry form was impossible for my antiquated technology. This year I still have the same old technology so I am very happy to report this time entering was much easier.  I was able to  transfer images to the entry form directly from my desktop without editing in software like Adobe Photoshop. My artist friends do not hesitate to enter because the entry process is friendly this year to low tech people like me.

Sand Dollar
         All five entries are assemblages of found things that are recycled including the frames found at Goodwill or a support found at Habitat For Humanity Restore. These assemblages are the latest generation of mosaic and assemblages that I started making in 1959 when I was in high school.  While in high school I started collecting broken glass and ceramic. But in the 70's I gave up my ambition to be a mosaic artist because a large collection of glass was not a happy medium for a mother of toddlers in a small house. Working in a neighbor's attic was not a solution. I even shared a studio in a commercial building in downtown Portland. So I used the building's dumpster to dispose of my immense collection.
           Two years ago I started recycling art and post industrial papers transformed into handmade papers. I started incorporating the paper and found objects into my paintings. Then last year I started collecting glass and found street debris into assemblages. The road debree is the right size and takes little space.
           I inherited my joy of gleaning and pack rat hording from my beloved mother. So I am happy to be able to enter some work into the Around Oregon Exhibit that might have a small chance to be accepted.


Second Chances
 

No comments: