Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Diane Widler Wenzel :Thankful for memories

Looking through my stack of paintings, I recall many memories tucked into each piece.



This  airbrush on newsprint is from a photo taken of my mother in 1934 when she married my father.

This is my first airbrush work done at a Linn Benton airbrush class. Done in 1986 a week after I  broke my left wrist!  I am proud of  how I was able to open the Higgin’s ink bottle just with my right hand and drop ink into the pen I was holding in a hand mostly enclosed in the cast.


For this post I pulled out paintings and drawings I have stored in a stack on shelves. The watercolor of the woman on top is a painting of my mother  in her last years.

Each one of my pictures has memories of the people who taught me like my parents, treasured teachers, and people who support me like my husband, family and friends. I am thankful I have been in a position where I can be so creative. My stacks of art work is a happy visual diary of my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I found your weblog the usage of msn. That is a very neatly written article.
I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to learn more of your helpful
info. Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback.

Anonymous said...

After I originally left a comment I seem to have
clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now
on each time a comment is added I recieve four emails with the same comment.

Perhaps there is a way you are able to remove me from that service?
Cheers!

Rain Trueax said...

I have no idea how to undo that since I didn't know it existed. It's something though from blogger, not from us. You might try contacting them.