Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, October 31, 2018

by Diane Widler Wenzel : Halloween Collaboration

Trick or treat? What a fun time to decorate for the  trick-or-treaters. Two black cats and a witch will greet them.
 Husband Don is trying to use up the odds and ends of lumber he has collected over the years. He produced them for me to mark cutting lines on three pieces of mahogany skin over plywood.





Then husband Don cut the plywood and sprayed it with flat black. I added the painted lines and color on the witch. I painted a witch trying to be beautiful.



After I painted, Don installed some flirty, flickering LI D lights.



Yesterday I had cataract surgery and today I am thinking of dressing as a one eyed pirate.

Planning, also, for next week's blog, a dead serious one. On some things I have noticed how differently people perceive my paintings. It is easy to demonstrate different perceptions are to be expected and not reason to attack the taste of other people who see differently. We all expect that in art and we do not blame others or insult their intelligence. So people I know are more open than they used to be about art as compared to 1959..


3 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

Those look like such fun. We don't even get trick-or-treaters when in Tucson. No sidewalks and homes too far apart, I think.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

We are prepared with bags and bags of candy, but are lucky to get a dozen trick-or-treaters. Anyway we are stocked with a years supply of candy.

Rain Trueax said...

The first Halloween that I spent in Tucson, I bought candy because I didn't know what to expect. Most of it went to the javelina after nobody showed-- notice I said most ;). After that, I didn't turn on the porch light and didn't buy candy if I was there. Up here they drive kids to town if they want to go house to house.