Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Photographic aids for establishing a point of view for painting







These pictures were taken with my I phone holding it way above my eye level in the one with sunflowers and sprinkler.























I held the camera below my eye level to take the selfie of me in the blackberries.



 
 
 
 
 
 


The camera lens finder or binoculars are tools useful for inspiration to paint.. When painting on location I have used both to help me select from too many stimulating subjects outdoors.  These four photographs are examples of taking a pictures with the camera tilted  upwards like the point of view of a child. I like to keep  the innocent child-like excitement in my painting and the perspective has something to do with the drama and charm in my painting.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

An interesting idea for stimulating creativity. It reminds me of the move Dead Poets Society where Robin Williams has all his students climb upon their desks to get a different perspective on life.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Yes, good idea to find an elevated place to view the world.