We have arranged for someone to clean the Tucson home when it goes into its alternate identity as a vacation rental. It seems like a very good agency, and I hope it will work well for the house. We liked the lady who runs it and she
seemed very competent when we discussed what had to be done on her visit here. Our neighbors, who can no longer do the cleaning for health reasons, will be keeping an eye on it and act as onsite property managers. That should help.
So with a lot of work done here, not a lot of play time, but at least it has been doing what is needed, I am trying to psych myself up for the drive north in two weeks or less.
We made a decision not to take the trailer clear back to Oregon and will be leaving it in Northern California lot. We found one that seems would have the trailer protected, had a reasonable cost, and save us the extra gasoline, not to mention concern about road conditions for who knows what would be the case in the Siskiyous. We've gone across them when the roads were bare pavement. We've been snowed in. We've seen delays for travel if you don't have 4-wheel drive. We do.
There are other advantages in leaving the trailer-- come April, we will come back for it, lambing will be over, and we can head back to Lava Beds NM for another week and then maybe some time on Klamath Lake. Pulling it back to the farm, when we can't use it again until better weather, didn't make sense.
Below, a taste of Tucson from this trip :)