Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Changing Skies


One of my favorite things about fall is the intensely changing skies.


On the drive home from town, I wait for when we turn off the main highway and head across open farmland. For awhile the sky is huge against the land.


With shifting light, different cloud patterns, the country landscape is rarely the same even from one side of the highway to the other. The last time we did this drive there were hawks on telephone poles, about a mile apart, some alighting on the ground. This time when I have my camera, not a one. How do they know?


Storm clouds mix it up with patches of blue sky, no clue from them what weather will come next.


The harvest is over and the land waits.


These were all taken October 18th while driving back from Corvallis... uh Farm Boss was driving.

12 comments:

joared said...

Like those awesome powerful looking clouds, also the one photo with changing leaf colors on the trees.

robin andrea said...

Such beautiful sky photos, rain.

Ingineer66 said...

Good thing you had a driver. Photos are much better when you are not trying to drive while snapping.

Suzann said...

Oh so very beautiful Rain = thank you

Paul said...

I like cloud pics ...

Dick said...

We had a beautifully lit eastern sky this morning as the sun was about to come up, but then when it did, it was obscured by clouds. It has been cloudy with showers all day. But, it is late fall in the NW so what else should I expect? Good photos.

mandt said...

WOW! Just beautiful!

Darlene said...

Those are lovely sky shots, Rain. In the last one it appears that the clouds decided what to be; forecast - rain.

Mary Lou said...

I know, I carry my camera ALWAYS, but the one time I forget it......

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

I have been photographing these skies from our house but I think the landscape of your way really sets them off.

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

Beautiful photos, Rain.

Kay Dennison said...

I love these photos!!!! Thanks!!!