Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Does blood type determine personality?

This was an interesting article. Although I had heard about blood type leading to successful diets (haven't tried the program), I hadn't heard of this:


I am Type A and it's been awhile since I had reason to check but must be positive as Farm Boss is O positive and I didn't have problems during my pregnancies.
"Type As may seem calm on the outside, but inside, you’re filled with anxiety and worry. You’re perfectionists and often shy and sensitive. Usually introverted, you’re stable and thoughtful. You make good listeners and are sensitive to color and your surroundings. You like to be fashionable and are up on the latest trends, but never flashy or gaudy. You like romantic settings and often shun reality for fantasy worlds. A is most compatible with A and AB in the love department. Common career choices: accountant, librarian, economist, writer, computer programmer, and gossip columnist."
There are a couple of places where I disagree (I am not shy but am an introvert), but overall it is pretty close. Do elements with which we were born like blood type, numerology (based on name given to us or birth dates), lines in our palm (which can change over a lifetime), and astrology (natal readings using exact time and place) really tell things about who we are, who we will become?

(Politics)

Could people be left or right politically because of blood type? Could it impact how we think?

Here's an example of where I am going with this. By my nature, I don't assume that because I would like (or don't like) to do something, everybody else feels the same. I see my own desires as unrelated to what even a friend of mine might desire.

For several years, righties like Rush Limbaugh have been saying that since lefties disapprove of the war in Iraq, what they really want is to see the effort fail. It always amazed me. How could anyone say such a thing? What kind of human being would wish death and destruction on other people simply to be proven correct?

The answer came when Rush Limbaugh, in the midst of the worst economic crisis people my age can remember, said he hoped Obama would fail in everything he tried to do. Now if Obama fails what does that mean for the United States, even for the world? Why would Rush Limbaugh wish that on everyone (except himself. At his economic level, he's probably immune to it).

It seems to me that Rush assumed the left wanted us to fail in Iraq because it is how he would have felt. Basically he would not want to see someone of an opposing political agenda be proven right even if it was for the best.

I have left and right wing friends. I don't know a single one who hoped the wars in either Afghanistan or Iraq would fail. I don't listen to every left wing pundit, but did anyone actually hear one say what Limbaugh did? From what I know, Americans wanted to see the effort succeed because it is best for everyone. Left or right, we hoped the high cost in lives and dollars would be proven to be worthwhile. At this point, it is yet to be proven either way, but there is still the hope.

What does it mean that people like Rush Limbaugh or Tom Delay say they would wish the worst for us as a nation so that they would be proven right? I have seen Delay smirking over it as though how clever he is. What kind of person thinks that way?

If I did Limbaugh's astrology chart or looked at his palm, knew his blood type, would I see a man where winning matters more than anything else? Was he born this way or was he taught it? Is he a man who becomes so caught up in win/lose that he loses all track of where that might lead? Does this explain his failed personal relationships?

The Japanese take this business of blood type very seriously. Should we? How much of what we are was decided at birth? We can then either work with it or against it. We can overcome traits that are destructive or become swallowed by them. I have always believed there are choices and nothing is written in stone. Or is it?

11 comments:

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Rain, good clear thinking on your idea that none of us really wants our government policies to fail even if we didn't agree. The blood type article didn't show me any correlation between my blood type and my personality traits.

Anonymous said...

This is great:

http://lornacheyenne.blogspot.com/2009/01/no-he-cant.html

Anonymous said...

Rain -blood types ? Come on ! Okay I am O+...LOL...Where is John Galt when I need him ??...

Darlene said...

I think our personality type starts in the brain and is modified by environment. I sincerely doubt that blood type could have any bearing on our personalities.

Rain Trueax said...

I read the article Roxanne but you have to keep in mind that a lot of that freedom was taken during the Bush years, important ones against the constitution. This woman's fears may be justified but would McCain and Palin have done better? A lot who voted for Obama voted against that combination which some saw as continuing Bush and others as what would be worse than Bush. Will Palin be a better choice in 4 years? She might be and by then she will have run her own campaign so people can assess her real governing abilities.

Part of the problem we must face today is the high cost of Iraq. What can we do about that? Much of the current deficit came straight from that. Money put out that didn't help our own country prosper but instead took our strong young off to fight and some be killed or damaged beyond repair. I think that those who fear Obama should have feared Bush more and didn't. It causes one to lose faith in their doubts now. Where were during the Bush dictatorship years?

That said, it's good that people vote for what is the best government as they see it not on race. Nobody should have voted for or against Obama on race. Some always do which is why you end up with so few black leaders in southern states or did until recently and still don't have them in the Senate in their percentages of the population. Hopefully the day will come when we won't see anybody for their race or gender, but for the human being they are.

Rain Trueax said...

Did any of you read the article and see what it said about your own blood type and then think a little on how much it fit or did not? It was just one article but probably there are more out there.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Very very interesting Rain....I used to know my blood type and haven't needed to know it for any particulasr reason, So..I have forgotten what it is. When I called my doctor to find out, he said HE DIDN'T KNOW!!!!!!
Oy Vey!
I must find out what it is just for my own piece of mind, but I had wanted to know, at the time, because of that Diet....It kind of made sense to me. And I think this premise makes some sense, too, but, who knows....

I too wonder how someone could want our President to fail, given that it could be the demise of The Country! I will never ever ever, understand this.

Anonymous said...

Interesting! My bloodtype (B) reading feels familiar to me. I got interested in the Blood Type Diet some years ago and found it more than helpful - I lost 10lbs on it and found that the foods that agreed with me, before I started eating "healthy" were prominant on my Bloodtype list. The "healthy" diet made me miserable with many unpleasant side effects. I went back to dairy that I love, allowed meat in my weekly diet and I could write endlessly about it. Some made fun of me, a few could see sense in it but were suspicious of it and two friends switched to it and had the same results I did - and still do. It's not like a diet at all, just a switch in what foods you use as "staples." Getting my blood type was an adventure but I finally tracked it down at the hospital where I'd had surgery. The main option was to write to a place in CA - I live in NE - and send $20 to get my information. I went to the hospital after unsatisfactory phone calls, signed a release form on the spot and got it.

Matt A. said...

More than blood type, you personality type affects your dieting habits!

Check out the Diet Type Personality Quiz at http://www.MyDietType.com

Anonymous said...

My baby had a blood changeover during their first week of life - would this affect their outlook on life and possibly resentment in teenage years that life had dealt them a bad deal. This child has become aloof & detached with times of anger that life hasn't dealt them their perfect expectations. What do you think?

Rain Trueax said...

I don't know anonymous. I really know very little about blood types and their impact. Homeopathic physicians might have a better idea. I do know, having been a mom of teens, that kids go through those kind of years. Sometimes having them into some counseling to look at why they feel as they do might be the right idea. The main thing is for them to get through it without permanently damaging their lives. Whatever happened to us as babies, whatever qualities we are born with, it's up to us to deal with it