Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Monday, September 17, 2007

Oregon Coast week-end

Generally, I do not write about my family nor share their photographs here to protect their privacy. I have two grown children, their spouses, and 3 (soon to be 4) beautiful, smart.. did I mention intelligent... fun grandchildren (9, 6, and 3 years old).

I could write (but won't) an appreciative essay on each of them, but the best thing to me about them all is they have good hearts (of course, probably it's natural I'd feel that way).

This last week-end we spent at the coast renting a house together, right on the sand, to celebrate a family birthday. It was a great week-end, lovely weather, fun, and one of those times you didn't request, didn't plan, but just comes along. When it does, you count your blessings and savor the memories. These photographs are from that week-end.

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Beautiful pictures and it looks as though you had wonderful weather for your family getaway!

Dick said...

We are going to Eugene to have a solar system installed on our RV Oct 3, then to the Oregon Coast to spend the rest of a week working our way back home. I hope we can get as good of weather as you had. That time of the year can be very nice. Or very bad. Fingers are crossed.

Ingineer66 said...

That sounds like a wonderful time. It is great when everything comes together like that.

Mary Lou said...

I would love to spend a week in a house right on the beach! And to have your entire family there too...what a great weekend!

robin andrea said...

The coast looks so beautiful. What a wonderful way to spend time with your family.

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely Rain!

Taradharma said...

so true! I just spent a week with family on vacation and it was also wonderful. As different as we all are, we love each other and make allowances for each. We're already planning for next year! Grab the good times while you can.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Dick,
Even if the weather is bad along the Oregon Coast there are special micro-climates right along the main highway. Look for places that might be sheltered from wind.Like behind big rock geographic features! Enjoy the coast. We are on the Siletz River just south of Lincoln city. As I speak the clouds are rolling in but we are a mile inland so the weather is warmer here.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to spend a vacation with family. My daughter was married in one of the homes you can rent on the coast - and she and her family rent the house nearly every month, to spend week-ends on the beach. Nothing like the ocean to put things in perspective.

Unknown said...

Sounds heavenly to me, Rain. I haven't vacationed with all my family for many years. I wish I was rich enough to treat everybody to an Alaskan cruise, but--I'm not.