Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Sunday, December 10, 2006

What Tarot Card are You?

This fun test came from Journey to a new life blog. Interestingly enough, since I sometimes read Tarot, the card the test indicated for me is the one I often draw for myself when doing a reading.


You are The Empress


Beauty, happiness, pleasure, success, luxury, dissipation.


The Empress is associated with Venus, the feminine planet, so it represents,
beauty, charm, pleasure, luxury, and delight. You may be good at home
decorating, art or anything to do with making things beautiful.


The Empress is a creator, be it creation of life, of romance, of art or business. While the Magician is the primal spark, the idea made real, and the High Priestess is the one who gives the idea a form, the Empress is the womb where it gestates and grows till it is ready to be born. This is why her symbol is Venus, goddess of beautiful things as well as love. Even so, the Empress is more Demeter, goddess of abundance, then sensual Venus. She is the giver of Earthly gifts, yet at the same time, she can, in anger withhold, as Demeter did when her daughter, Persephone, was kidnapped. In fury and grief, she kept the Earth barren till her child was returned to her.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.

9 comments:

Sandy said...

I am the "Wheel of Fortune"
You are The Wheel of Fortune
Good fortune and happiness but sometimes a species of intoxication with success

The Wheel of Fortune is all about big things, luck, change, fortune. Almost always good fortune. You are lucky in all things that you do and happy with the things that come to you. Be careful that success does not go to your head however. Sometimes luck can change.
:)

Ingineer66 said...

I am the Fool. Doesnt sound good on the surface, but the description sound s like me.

Anonymous said...

The tarot is fun,but I do not take it seriously. My mother's arthritis was a better indicator of what was to come. :)

Rain Trueax said...

In a Tarot reading, the Fool is not negative at all. It's the beginning of a new adventure, 'what you do next will be up to you' but you are free, fresh start, clean slate and wonderful beginning.

In a reading, these cards would change with situations. And while I also don't take Tarot to be always right. It's surprising how often my readings do hit on the essence of a situation. I feel they help a person get in touch with the inner self and perhaps the Spirit within. I don't know how well they work for 'fortune-telling.' I do them off and on and usually find they are helpful-- although there are times I can't make them work-- too tense inside, will do that. Or if I go to them with a preset desire for how I want them to come out. It's like praying and waiting for the voice of God. If you have made up your mind what you will hear, you won't get an open answer.

I will write more about Tarot another time.

Ingineer66 said...

Well I am definately on a new adventure and ready for a fresh start.

Anonymous said...

I am the "Star" although that doesn't imply what it sounds like. That's good because I am certainly not self-centered!

Anonymous said...

I am the Hierophant?
I guess I'll have to look this up.

Joy Des Jardins said...

I am The Empress too Rain. My daughter dabbles with Tarot cards too...she's always enjoyed reading them with friends and family.

Rain Trueax said...

In Tarot, the Star is indeed a positive card and not in a 'star' sense. It's someone who focuses on the positive. A person who believes in the power of positive thinking would well exemplify this card and then sees it happen. Wishes come true kind of thinking.

The Hierophant is the rabbi or teacher. The idea of the Hierophant is to connect people through common traditions, to help them see the truth that unites them. It is also normally one who sees the value in the conventional wisdom of the culture. Holds the line against that being weakened or destroyed.