Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Saturday, March 26, 2022

Groop

 


No, I didn't misspell that. It was a dream and kind of an odd dream. I had apparently been taking a class. The teacher left us an assignment to write what we thought regarding a word,

Groop

As best, in my dream, I knew when I looked at it, I had never seen such a word. I wasn't sure if looking at a dictionary was okay but I had one on my desk. There was the word and some meanings.

Groop

Water

Life

Well that worked pretty well to give me some ideas on what to write mainly regarding what made life work for us. It was all in long hand and I wrote the things I thought that made life more worthwhile. It was things like nature, animals, and who knows what else I wrote in the dream. I began to wonder if looking in a dictionary for the meaning of the word had been okay. Was I supposed to know the word. I wrote two pages and then needed to fill in some more before I woke. I had no idea what the professor wanted from the assignment but water is life on this planet and then what makes life good was my approach.

After I woke as I laid there I wondered why such an odd dream about an assignment and was I supposed to learn something from a word that doesn't exist.

Have you heard the word Grok-- another word that wasn't real until it appeared in a book? It means how we can connect with someone without words and it's now in the dictionary. I doubt Groop will appear there but it is good to think what makes life good for us.

4 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

Then, this morning, after doing a quick Google search, lo and behold there is such a word. It's archaic, does not mean what my dream had but then dreams have no responsibility to be accurate.

Tabor said...

Amazing the number of words I do not know. I was going to guess that Grok was something from Dr. Who! Our language is vast and furious.

Rain Trueax said...

It was from Stranger in a strange land, which I'd never have read except, a friend told me it had been an important book in his life. I like knowing books that have impacted others. I am not sure I have such a book for myself.

Joared said...

Words are fascinating and new ones seem to be created every day.