Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Thursday, June 24, 2021

best laid plans

When we got to the farm, we learned we do have some internet but it's slow and has to be shared with others, which means limited usage. Still nice to have a bit but glad I had the older blogs to be shared as anything big is not possible. 

Here's where we are. I won't get started on all the problems getting here as not feasible with limited usage. It's been an experience is all I'll say and some jobs are being done-- with more heat coming than we had expected for living in this travel trailer with limited a/c...


All I will say is-- best laid plans of mice and men :)

5 comments:

Brig said...

Hang in there! No a/c in my hovel so it's going to be an interesting week. Thought I had moved away from 100 summers, lol.

Rain Trueax said...

Thanks and wow on no A/C in your condo. I hope it's well insulated. That is one of the problems with this trailer-- not at all well insulated.

The farmhouse here also has no a/c but it's well insulated and on a creek. Even with that, years ago, we bought a portable room a/c, which took the edge off when it got too hot, which didn't happen often. When we first bought the Tucson house, it only had a swamp cooler, which is fine until humidity rises. We bought some window a/c units until we finally buckled down and paid for the real deal.

Brig said...

My son came to my rescue. Drove over from his place in Warrenton and brought me a window a/c and installed it for me! It works like a charm and is muy frio. Ma is happy and chill.

Rain Trueax said...

Good news and good son. They work quite well :)

Tabor said...

So sorry about your headaches in traveling. It seems we all our getting our challenges in travel this year. That makes me avoid travel more. AC is essential in the heat, so be careful.