Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Diane Widler Wenzel Rotating Paintings in our Dining Area - a step in the painting processs





When I rotate paintings, I ask, "What if?"
Most of the work done on a painting is looking at it and making choices. Some choices are thought of before I roll back the table cloth and paint. I like to see the changes in season and lighting as they change the way the painting strikes me. Changing paintings can be a valentine to myself because it makes me feel good.

Happy Valentines enjoy rotating art



 
 




 


Several days after working on the color scheme of the large painting  I replaced the painting just to the left to an earlier painting with similar colors but different subject - Waterloo Park, Oregon.





What if I put a closeup of the foreground like the painting of Waterloo Park?   Maybe put the electric and phone wires in  with one bluebird on the wire and one scouting out a bird house? What if I increase the value contrast to have the same range in both paintings?  Instead of increasing the contrast, I could increase the misty atmosphere.  To make it my experience and feelings in a nostalgic painting I could put more animals we see out back.

The process of making the painting sentimental is fine with me as I also seek to hook a want to be rancher family to continue ranching.  Small farms within city limits is a good idea to uplift a neighborhood to be in closer contact with the earth and life values.

After two months when the ranch painting was facing the wall and I didn't look at it, I pulled it out thinking I might hang it up and think about it before deciding if I should take a new direction or continue to add more animals and details.
I decided to put it back against the wall and continue the series of abstracts from memories of snorkeling.

2 comments:

Brig said...

Liked the ranching painting. Do you have low ceilings or is it camera angle?

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

The illusion of a low ceiling must be a combination of full walls and camera angle. Our ceiling is 8 ft.