Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Thanksgiving Thank You for the Support I Enjoy as an Artist


“East Indian Dancers”, my mother, Margaret Widler's egg tempera.

I am thankful for my family for many reasons. Their support of my creative journey whether thay understand my art or not is very valuable to me. An art teacher in high school and various other rejections through out the years makes me even more appreciative. My family support started with my parents who shared their creative interests with me. They took me to the the San Francisco Art Museum and lifted me up to adult eye level so I could see too. Then after I graduated from Portland State College with a degree in Drawing and Painting, mother helped to market my art for a number of years. My sweetheart husband, Don, volunteered as he always does to engineer aspects of making and exhibiting my work. Just this week we were considering yet another box, travel easel. My daughters also value my work and hang it in their homes as do my brother and sister-in-laws.

I feel the past 60 years was a charmed time period inwhich I had the leisure to develop my creative path.

No comments: