Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Cat Herding

Being a cat/western lover, I would naturally like the following video. To add to my enjoyment, I have known a few cowboys who made extra money doing these kinds of ads, but it's also good for two other reasons.

One is that with things are they are in the world, there are so many negative, upsetting things, that it's easy to get so negative that we don't smile, don't laugh, don't effectively deal with anything. We can't afford that.

The second reason is this is a colloquial phrase about trying to herd something that is heading off a thousand different directions which is the way the world seems right now.

So yeehaw!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that was a hoot!

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Pretty pussey, ha!

Sandy said...

Okay, did I ever laugh! That was SO funny! As a gal that has actually been lucky enough to herd cattle..not cats LOL this was great!

Professor Howdy said...

Hello!
Very good posting.
Thank you - Have a good day!!!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Funny...very funny! Thanks Rain.

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, that ad first ran during the Super Bowl last year. Not the one just past, but in early 2006. It made me fall out of my chair laughing then. And now...

Judith said...

Pure genious!! The first time I saw this I figured it would become a classic. Did you notice the black actor that say's 'wouldn'd do anything else'. He is in the 'Aflac' commercials. He dos a straight face 'take' better than most. This one go's into my 'keeper' file. Thanks Rainy

Anonymous said...

This was so darned funny. I had never seen it on TV. My friend, a cat lover, is spending the night and I just showed it to her. She said it was the high point of her day.

Anonymous said...

LOL....that was super! And a nice break from all the seriousness in the world. They have a great advertising team, I'd say.