Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Saturday, May 21, 2016

May roses



There is no doubt in my mind that writing seriously, as opposed to writing for fun, is darned hard work. The work doesn't stop when the writer goes to bed or watches something on television. It is there all the time and requires many hours at a keyboard whether writing sitting on a sofa, standing up to a platform, or most commonly-- at a desk.

Those hours at a keyboard are bad for weight gain and not particularly healthy for the back, feet or legs. Some writers get around that by writing on a laptop on the sofa or getting a standing desk. But one way or the other, you're not moving around enough for health.

There are certain stages in writing a book that are easier for me than others.  There is always a satisfaction when I reach the end-- especially after the first major edit is over, and the book is off to beta readers, but..

But he that dares not grasp the thorn Should never crave the rose.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/rose.html
But he that dares not grasp the thorn Should never crave the rose.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/rose.html
 But he that dares not grasp the thorn 
Should never crave the rose. Anne Bronte
But he that dares not grasp the thorn Should never crave the rose.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/annebronte163815.html?src=t_rose

In honor of that happening for my recent book on May 13th, yes, Friday the 13th, the following are photos of our rose garden this May. This has been a fantastic spring for the roses, helped along by Ranch Boss using chitosan and copper sulfphate a few weeks back as a protection from fungii, like black spot. Most of these are tea roses and their leaves look so healthy that it's unbelievable. It doesn't protect from insect problems, which is good since the bees need all the help they can get. 









 





4 comments:

Celia said...

Gorgeous roses! Creative endeavor is work, the work sits on your shoulder night and day until it's birthed. I think you are blessed to have your gift.

Rain Trueax said...

Thank you and I feel that way too. To have such challenges at my age is a real surprise

joared said...

Lovely roses! Don't know that I would welcome the writing pressures your publishing,presents at this point in my life. The pressures self- imposed sometimes with the casual writing of my blog posts are quite enough for me.

Rain said...

My deadlines are also self-imposed, which is why I chose to go and stay self-published. I hear of those with contracts and sometimes it means their next book is overdue or for someone else, it won't be brought out for a year. No thanks. I like freedom but do set goals for myself that I work to meet. Nobody but me will care if I don't ;)