Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Open doors

What I love about summer is open doors and windows.  When my grandchildren were here last week, one of them said that our living room is almost all windows and pretty much that is what it is although we gave ourselves back one wall when we replaced one big window with a smaller one and a partial wall. We did that to have some room to put up paintings.

There is nothing I appreciate more about summer than having all my doors and windows open all day and night long. The season doesn't last forever but I make the most of it while it does.

7 comments:

Paul said...

Rain, I can only agree with you...I love to feel a breeze blowing through my window at night...It brings back fond memories...

Anonymous said...

Rain--Our season for doing that lasts about 8.7 minutes. At least, that was the case this year. During the 15 months that we lived in Bellevue WA, the thermometer never got high enough for us to do that. Hunky Husband and our daughters froze all of the time that we were there.
Cop Car

Anonymous said...

P.S. Yes, I would enjoy cheese with my whine! ; )
CC

Kay Dennison said...

I love summer which always makes me wonder why I live in Ohio.

MaryContrary said...

I agree absolutely. The worst thing about the month of 90+ and high humidity was having to close up and put on the air. We are back in the 80s with lower humidity so the doors and bedroom window is open.

mandt said...

Same here, even in our small village. It's safe to open windows at night and fall asleep with the fragrance of roses, lemon blossoms, gardenia, rosemary and 4O'clocks wafting through the garden.

Annie said...

I love that about summer too, although right now I am having to close windows and draw the curtains to keep out the sun and heat. I wait impatiently for the evening when I can reopen.

Mustn't complain though, summer is a blessing.