Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Sunday, June 12, 2011

something to smile about

Generally I set my posts, here at Rainy Day Thoughts, to go every two days and generally I write them ahead of time by at least a day, but this made me smile this morning and therefore I thought I'd be sure others had seen it. It's what many of us had been waiting for because what happened in Tucson in January has had an impact that doesn't go away. It's nice to see the progress that Gabrielle Giffords is making where although she has a long way to go, she's come a tremendous way also.


Our country has been rocked by a lot of things, really the world has as change and violence have sometimes seemed ongoing, never ending, and during any breaks we feel like we are just waiting for another shoe to drop. This was one of those times that when I looked at an article, I left it smiling.

4 comments:

Ingineer66 said...

She has made much more of a recovery than I expected. Good for her and her husband.

Taradharma said...

her amazing recovery is indeed something to smile about! Still a long way to go, but it is remarkable that she has done so well.

mandt said...

This is one of those few when we think: "Miracles."

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

I was really surprised to see how good she looks. I was anticipating the worst. I'm with Ingineer66, Tara and Mandt.