Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Sunday, February 20, 2011

Energy Convergence


Recently, I had a dream where I had written like maybe 32 short chapters to a book but they were all meant for the blog. Each chapter related to a topic that the overall blog was about. It went from scientific to spiritual to emotional and I have no idea of the specifics of what went into each of them. The only thing I really knew was that one chapter was supposed to be called Energy Convergence.

I liked that title and thought it'd fit into energy thinking. It further appealed to me after something I saw one day while waiting in the truck for Farm Boss to do some banking business in town.

Watching a V of geese in the sky flying north, I noticed another flock heading south straight toward them. Neither appeared to be veering off which led me to wonder what would happen when they met. The southward bound flock was not in a formation, more flying in more of a bunch as they sometimes do.

They flew right into each other. Some of the geese did appear discombobulated by the meeting and I could see their wings changing form to deal with it as they appeared to recalibrate where they were going.

Then an odd thing happened. Instead of both flocks continuing on as they had originally been headed, the flock in less of a formation broke and about two-thirds of them joined up with the V flock. The other third kept on flying south but slower and seemingly with less purpose.

This was a kind of energy convergence as no energy was lost and yet the direction of where the birds were flying changed to the one that had the most organization. I began to see how this applies to people on many levels.

When an organized mass meets a less organized mass, the power is going to go with the more powerful of the two. Organization and a purposeful direction probably enhances power and likely often will be the gainer of energy that the less organized mass will give up.

This is the concern with Egypt. I don't think there is any doubt that those demonstrating on the street want democracy, a choice in who runs their country, more opportunities for themselves. They had more power or seemed to except some of that was because the greater power (the military) held off and we don't know why. So what happens next there? Will that unorganized mass be able to profit from the actions of those weeks? Or will a more organized force take over?

It's the same with us, if we aren't set in our path, whatever comes along distracts us from our own purpose. I have seen this with myself many times. If I am set in my way, have a purpose, have a plan, I can continue on with what I had in mind even after a distraction. When I don't, I am set off course.

There are times I tend to feel as though I am like the loose group of geese with going somewhere but not wanting the dynamics of a forced organization even to my daily routine. I am probably easily distracted then by whatever comes along. That happens less when I have the inner sense of purpose.

Most of that is just about distractions but what about when I truly know what I want, have plans to get it but something comes along much stronger willed than me and I lose my place totally?


The photos are from Simpson Reef, along the Oregon Coast not far from Coos Bay. We got there very serendipitously as neither of us had been to this beach although Farm Boss had done a college project in the general area-- obviously so many years ago he had more or less forgotten where all he had gone until we started driving around.

We had driven south along the coast and when we got to Coos Bay, which was the farthest south we intended to go, we decided to just follow the signs to the beach.

What we found was this gorgeous, rugged and very natural state park with lots of hiking trails, and a mostly untouched shoreline. The signs said that not only were there the seals and sea lions we saw (click on images to see them) but this is the farthest north elephant seals come to breed. I really want to go back as I have never seen elephant seals in the wild.

I didn't know it until I saw Simpson Reef but seeing elephant seals should be on my bucket list! I don't tend to think of such things until they come along and into my life. Maybe this trip was a kind of energy convergence for me-- in a good way.

10 comments:

Dion said...

(((Hugs)))

Paul said...

Ah Coos Bay-fond memories ... :-)

Anonymous said...

Interesting thing to see those geese change direction like that. Or, maybe not change direction so much as find the direction they wanted to go. I like wondering about that, rain.

The photo of the beach is great. Some of the sand mounds and rocks look like sleeping seals. You remind me that I did get to see an elephant seal once, up in Port Townsend, when Roger and I were doing Marine Mammal rescue. It was a juvenile in molt. Quite a sight. There is a reliable elephant seal gathering at Ano Nuevo beach just north of Santa Cruz, if you ever make it that far south in your travels.

Rain Trueax said...

hugs back Dion. And some of the rock formations were very like seals, Robin. It took binoculars to be sure. There were some rocks right below us where we stood which were lovely. There are more photos of that all in the video I put into the Gathering Energy blog which is made up of music and that coastline from Yachats to Simpson Reef with more seal and sea lion photos. I love to watch them.

They said the elephant seals have their young at Simpson Reef and that is what I will go back to see. They didn't think they went further north to breed but they did say the young rarely survive there as they cannot swim until they are 12 weeks old and often are knocked off the rocks by storms. I am sympathetic with those moms especially since we are very into lambing here at the farm

OldLady Of The Hills said...

How amazing to see these fantastic Elephant Seals. I love what you said in this post, Rain...It is all so true for me, too, or has been in the past, before my confinement.... And it seems this is all so true right here in our country now---this convergence of energy...What will happen? I guess it will be recealed as time hoes on.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

"REVEALED"...once again, my one finger typing hit the wrong key....! Sorry about that.

Taradharma said...

that is a good bit of dreaming, and thinking, and observing. Aren't most creatures seeking to be in 'the group?' To belong, to go-along. Sometimes this works out well for all and the individual, sometimes not.

As Robin says, yes, here just north of Santa Cruz is the place to get up close and personal with elephant seals. They have docent led tours to make sure you don't get too close, because as big, and as heavy, those bulls look, they can move with lightning speed!

joared said...

Interesting flying geese behavior you describe, but I'm surprised some course altering wouldn't have been taken before they merged.

I agree with your observation about energy and how it influences groups.

Really enjoy your photos -- spectacular site to visit.

Rain Trueax said...

That surprised me too on the geese as usually they seem to avoid each other. I had never seen a flock of that size fly into another at the same elevation. I am guessing the winds were why they were at that particular level. Watching the individual geese have to alter their flight pattern was something I have only seen when they descend to the ground. And even more than they didn't all stay going the way they had been, that surprised me too with it. We have a lot of geese in our area due to the preserves and big grass fields; so we see them frequently but generally they keep a distance between their flocks unless they are landing somewhere.

Darlene said...

The Seals look like they are sun bathing without any sun. Maybe they are cockeyed optimists.

All I know about energy is that I don't have much.