Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sheep Report

Between blowing oak leaves off the grass and driveways, getting the mail, or just checking outside to be sure all was okay, I took a couple of sheep photos this week. The first ones are of the little ewe that had all the problems this year with near death experiences. As you can see, by how she jumped up on that big round bale, she's doing just fine these days.


She's not the only one who can get up there... Of course, she has to leave to let another sheep get to the top of the mountain. She shares though... She's not one of those who gets on top of the heap and just stays there.


She's not like greedy or anything or relishing being above all the rest. Although it appears a few of the sheep do get tired of waiting for their turn.



The next morning I saw a rainbow and uh wait, who is that on top the bale again?


It appears she doesn't share frequently.


Well now she can share the photo with the rainbow.

Share? I am supposed to share? Why?

The other photos are of a ram who has become a bit of a favorite of mine. He was coming down to the apple trees very regularly to see if any apples fell. This was a year of few apples; so even though I'd go out and knock some down whenever I would see him, he didn't get a lot. He did though end up with a fan-- me. He has a very husky baritone and baritones always get to me.


So now I am buying apples when I see them low priced to feed his sugar yen. Soon there won't be any reasonably priced apples and he'll have to go cold turkey-- me too as I enjoy giving him special treats. I like hearing that husky maaa calling to me.

I had some carrots that had gone past where we would eat them and he didn't think they amounted to much. Clearly it's sweetness or nothing.

Yes, we have some spoiled sheep. It might be the result of living too close to their shepherds...

9 comments:

mandt said...

Ms Ewe is indeed very fabulous....so much so that even rainbows light her way. Her name isn't Diva is it? lol

20th Century Woman said...

I love pictures of sheep. I used to visit the farm of my friend Penny in Virginia who had sheep, take pictures and paint them. Because of my literalness she could always identify the individual sheep in my paintings.

Can I come 'round sometime and take some pics of your sheep to paint?

Rain Trueax said...

I would love that. Sounds like a plan... and we don't generally name our sheep but Diva sounds like a great name for the little black ewe :)

Kay Dennison said...

I like the ram but the little ere is so cute on the bale! Your photos are, as always, lovely!

Ashleigh Burroughs said...

Oh, I melt just thinking of those sultry eyes combined with a baritone. What a studly fellow he is.

I do miss the oak leaves. Not the raking. Just the leaves.
a/b

Anonymous said...

What a great rainbow shot with the sheep. Your ram is a beauty, too. What a nice bunch of wooly friends you have!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Mike McLaren said...

What a gorgeous rainbow! Someone's keeping watch overt he sheep!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

So sweet--The Ewe is doing Beautifully now, isn't she! My, My, My....!
And I love your Ram....The Baritone...lol!