Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Oregon coast


Sunday, the chowder at Mo's, down on Newport's old docks, was delicious as always. We lucked out with a window table where we ate our chowder and drank a small glass of red wine while watching the boats go past, seeing the fish being filleted below, and a gull who kept teasing the filleter into throwing her something tasty. She got bread from the customers but nothing worth flying off for until a woman tossed her a cracker. Hopefully it floats as when she settled back on the water, I didn't see her with it.

In the restaurant, the interesting part was listening to bits of the conversation from a man and woman. Nobody's voice but his seemed to carry in there but we soon knew a lot more about his bank account and travels than either Farm Boss or I wanted to know. I wondered if his voice carried because he was nervous. It looked like this was a first date.

Maybe they were a couple who met through an internet site. This might have been their opportunity to meet in a safe place. Now that could be totally wrong. Maybe she was his daughter who he had not been in contact with for many years; but I am guessing not.

People in restaurants allow a person to make up whatever story they wish. And if strangers don't want others to do that, they should keep their voices down. :)


On the dock the sea lions were sunbathing on their usual lower dock. Their barks (also seeking something good to be tossed down) are one of the main appeals of going over to watch for awhile. One had a nasty slice across his neck which might have come from a boat propeller. The angle of the sun and that sad injury didn't inspire any photos.


Our walks on Uno Beach and at Seal Rock were lovely although whenever the wind blew, my ears reminded me this wasn't summer.


Although the sun shone most of the time, the surf was rough, lots of foam, making for some good wave action.

4 comments:

robin andrea said...

It's always so good to see the Oregon coast through your eyes, rain. So very beautiful there.

Darlene said...

I love eating at a shore restaurant. You are lucky to have one nearby. And chowder makes my mouth water.

As always, great photos.

Alan G said...

I'm afraid if I ever got there it would be quite the feat to ever get me away. I use to entertain at a restaurant located on the edge of a scenic lake and it was heaven!

Great photos too!!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Beautiful pics of the Oregon coast...and how fun to eat right at a shore restaurant. I'd love that...and I love chowder. Perfect.