Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Saturday, September 19, 2009

New Life

She had just been born in these photos. It was the first day after a long, solid rain. Her mother is one of Farm Boss's favorite cows.


This is a mother who knows what to do to keep her baby healthy. She will be there for her all the way.

It's not easy to get on your feet the first time, but in a day or so, she'll be running.

4 comments:

robin andrea said...

It's so lovely to see new life and a good mom who will take care. Sweet photos.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

I think your photos of these events are so special and your calling. I remember in Tucson you reading books of people's farm and ranching memoirs. I remember you saying that is what you wanted to do.
Excellent work you are doing here. And your paintings that I expect will be so true and meaningful.

Dixon Webb said...

Rain . . Great pictures. When I was about 5 years old I helped my uncle deliver a calf that got stuck half way. Once out and standing alone I named her Stub. My uncle pressed me to explain. I named her Stub for stubborn because he had been swearing for an hour or two about the stubborn little girl that wouldn't come out easily. A memory that persists seven decades later. Thanks. Dixon

Darlene said...

What a sweet calf. There is nothing more exciting than seeing new life appear.