Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Sunday, June 14, 2009

Waves along the Oregon Coast

Where it comes to photos from my times at the ocean, I always come home with way too many and can't decide what to delete even from my hard drive. Even a bad photo of the ocean is hard to give up, let alone the good ones. To share some of this with others, I thought I'd divide these by categories knowing that there is no real category where it comes to the shoreline of our oceans. Waves crash against rocks, the sky meets the sea, the birds and animals fly, sit and swim in the midst of it all.


Since I had one series already on tidal pools, this one is on wave action-- the ever changing and glorious wave action that both makes the sea alive as well as constantly changing. All photos are from late May on Oregon's Coast.






Because even after cutting these down, it became impossible to decide what to leave out, and I know some readers come here from dial-up, this was a sampling. More are in Pacific Ocean in Late May -- Rainy Day Extras.

All were taken with Canon cameras: Digital Rebel , the newer Rebel Xsi using Canon Image Stabilizer lenses; 18-35mm, 100-400mm f 4.5, and 55-250mm.

5 comments:

Dick said...

I know what you mean about it being hard to delete even the not so great photos. I have thousands on my hard drive and, so far, haven't deleted any from the Compact Flash cards my camera uses, I just put in a new one. I think I have about 30 of them that are filled and another 10 or so, although the newer ones keep getting bigger!

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

Great photos, Rain. I'm like you--endless ocean photos. Can't get enough. I love that I live so close.

Darlene said...

I love watching the waves crash against the rocks. These are beautiful photos of that event.

I, too, can never bring myself to delete photos unless there is a obvious flaw. I have a Canon Rebel XTi and three lenses. I don't get out to take pictures very often or I would have thousands by now.

robin andrea said...

Beautiful ocean shots, rain. You really capture the ever-ongoing action of the tides. Quite nice.

Paul said...

I love waves - in fact I have one tattoed on my right arm...:-)