Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mayan Prophecies

For anyone, who has been interested in the Mayan Prophecies, this might be worth your time to read:


The article explains who Carlos Barrios is and why his interpretation of the calendar's significance might have some weight. Some think the calendar is indicating the world will end December 21, 2012. It's always some date, isn't it?

4 comments:

MaryContrary said...

Thanks for the link, Rain. And yes it is always some date or other. As I watched the various apocalypse oriented shows on the Mayan Calendar and other so-called prophesies, I wondered if the end of one time really meant the beginning of another. Evidently my thought may correspond to the understanding the Mayans themselves had--one age ends and another starts. Perhaps we shouldn't consider it a matter of gloom and doom but of hope and possibility.

Carol Murdock said...

I guess will find out when the date arrives. I read this before along with other dates that came and went to no avail. Then let's not forget Y2K !

Darlene said...

So many prophecies about the end of time have been wrong that I can't believe any of them. I'm just wondering when my end will come.

Ishrath said...

Thanks for sharing the link, Rain. I was looking for more info on the Mayan's version of 2012 and was not finding enough good stuff. I am glad I chanced upon your blog and got to reading it. See! everything we do has some underlying thread. The search does lead us somewhere :)

Thanks once again. I really enjoy your blog.