Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bare Bones of Winter

Strictly speaking, legally, winter is not here until the Solstice, December 21st, but it feels like it's here now. The leaves are mostly stripped from the trees, branches are fully revealed, mornings are cold, sometimes all through the day, and it will be this way until sometime in late February or early March when it will all begin to change and resurrection will begin.These photos are from a walk up the hill behind the farm, and all symbolize what winter feels like here in the Pacific Northwest.Although we do get snow, it comes rarely. Generally the days are made up of the low-lying sun, colors of gray, dark green, and brown with occasional accents of red or white berries left behind on the bushes. The sun is probably appreciated now more than in any other season.

These photos were taken with both Rebels. I am still not sure whether the new one will take as good of photos as my old one. The xsi is faster, has more potential-- once I learn more about it. Is lighter weight and that's a big plus when hiking; still I am not ready to give up the old one just yet.

3 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Terrific photos! Really do catch the feel or our northwest late fall/winter. And aren't those precious rays of sun welcome! We had a beautiful day yesterday, today looks back to normal November.

Darlene said...

Lovely scenery. I think both cameras take good photos, but it's probably due to the person behind the lens.

I love my Canon Rebel XTi except when it fails at a crucial time.

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

I comment on winter, too, at today's entry. I suspect you are already getting a fair amount of rain. Beautiful photos.

So, how do you like Obama's choices that are announced almost daily? I'm waiting for you to analyze them all.