Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Play nice, kids!

After calming down a bit and enjoying what my friend, Parapluie, said about what we can do, this morning I woke up still hot under the collar (and I wear a silky black nightgown with no collar). If I am going to be nice about all of this, I may need a partner for awhile to cover that side. Personally, I have this feeling, we have lost elections by trying to be nice (Dukakis, Gore, Kerry come to mind).

So I left up Parapluie's excellent points for today and will wait for tomorrow to start my own feature that will last 4 posts on the recent trip. I have written three of them, have the photos on two and will finish everything up before I post the first. I think it's a healthy break from the venom of what I feel regarding politics and what is going on.

But I can't resist posting this from Maureen Dowd. I was half irked at Dowd for two of hers that seemed more positive toward having a feisty second banana (or first); but this one makes up for it: [My Fair Veep].

I do actually agree with Fran, from Sacred Ordinary. I know we need to have a sense of humor about this. I also agree with Parapluie that using genuine logic is the best approach... but... Well I might need to take on some guest bloggers to do that part while I cover the vitriol! And yes, I will smile sweetly, hiding my fangs, while doing it.

4 comments:

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

There is a time for logical argument and a time for rants and a time for vacations. It is like body surfing. A big wave of emotion will crash over us tommorrow as "Barracuda" does her first public interview riding on the wave of emotion as she drums memories of 911. As in body surfing the best thing to do is to take a big deep breath, hold it and go limp letting the energy spin you as it will until 912 when you can bob up and continue back into the surf. Rain, I am needing to see your vacation pictures tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I have Dowd's article in my email and will read it later.
I do think we need to take breaks from this, Rain. I've had to for the past few days. I have a book review to post for tomorrow and then.....I feel my political energy coming to the surface again, which will flow over into my blog for the weekend.
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

robin andrea said...

I have had to look away the past few days, grateful to be packing. You know if packing for another move is respite, it gives you some idea of how horrible I find the whole political moment.

That said, I am grateful for both your smile and your fangs.

Mary Lou said...

I sure wish they would ALL focus on what they are going to bring to the office instead of what they think the OTHER person is. The Media is as much to blame as anyone. GADS!!!!