Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Sunday, May 25, 2008

Return to Innocence

Because I have wanted to put together a slide show of aging, using my own photos, I had hoped to find a program that would let me use music with pictures. A lifetime is so much more than images or even words. It is feelings and so many changes. So far, I haven't found the right program for my PC where I can use photos, music and have a public site.

For the music though, if I was picking one song that spoke of a lifetime and maybe beyond, I knew it would be from the album by Enigma, The Cross of Changes with several possible choices. No single song says it better than Return to Innocence.

It wasn't until I began thinking about this project of combining images and music that I went looking on YouTube to see if Enigma had a video to go with their song. YouTube is such a great resource.



Return to Innocence by Enigma

**************************

Life is a circle-- A spiral.
Even within one single lifetime
we are reincarnated
again and again
dying to one thing
only to be born anew

baby girl
small child
growing into awareness
there are roles
places in life
she must learn

daughter, sister
cousin, friend
girl becomes woman
wife a mother
a lover of life
then she's old

where did it go?
poetry by Rain

8 comments:

Dick said...

A great program to use to construct slide shows is one called ProShow Gold by Photodex Corp. I think you can download it to sample & see if it will work for you. I did order the CD version as it also comes with a good users book, for only $10 or so more than the downloaded version. You can combine photos, video, music in many formats, even spoken narration. You have total control over the timing and the way they fade in & out. I really like it and it's fairly easy to use. Check their web site at www.photodex.com.

robin andrea said...

Such beautiful, touching music. I've never heard it before. I love the idea of returning to innocence.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

I enjoyed seeing actions moving back to what was. It was interesting with the music. The idea of returning to innocents is a challenging artistic theme I am adding to my notebook of ideas to incubate.

Pam in Tucson said...

I love your beautiful poem, rain. As I travel through my eighth decade, I find myself coming full circle on some things while going full speed ahead on others - strange trajectories off the spiral. And I watch my mother still going full-steam as she analyzes the political and economic situation, wonders if she should study Buddhism at her age, takes money from her pension to help the people of Darfur, Myanmar, China ... yes, she's old as we see her, but still so vibrant and ready at age 100 to "be born anew." Thanks for the poem and pointing me to the beautiful music video.

Anonymous said...

OH! Wow! I wasn't familiar with this group or the music. I got shivers as I listened to it. It touched a spot deep in my soul and I can't thank you enough for putting this here. I'm going to have to go to Amazon and see if I can order this CD. It was awesome.
I also loved the video and I hope you don't mind, but I think I'll "steal" it to put on my blog.
You wrote that poem? Before I listened to the music, I thought maybe it was the lyrics and then saw your name as the author. Very, very touching. I loved it!
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

Rain Trueax said...

I would be delighted if you use it Terri.

Your mother is a positive example of what aging can be, Pam. Very impressive to still be caring about the world, willing to learn. It can't be that for everyone, of course, but how encouraging to hear about those where it is.

I had thought of ProShow Gold, dick but wasn't sure where I could find a URL for it with them. My husband said microsoft has a program that I could dl which would do it also. It's easy if you don't mind a private setting where you have to invite everyone or are putting it on a DVD. The problem is a URL for this particular project.

Rain Trueax said...

oh and I hadn't intended to put my name with the poem because I am always a little shy about such since I am not a poet, but my husband thought it would seem like it was the lyrics; so that is why I added my name. Glad you all liked it :) Poetry in particular pleases me when someone else enjoys something I wrote. To me it's the ultimate art form of writing.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Where did it go, indeed!! Beautuful Poem, Rain....

It reminds me if a Birthday Card I found about 15 years ago or so...It was a series of picture/drawings...A baby, a little girl, a teenager, a young woman, a slightly older woman, and then a middle aged woman, and then the last picture is an Old Woman and she says:
"Well, THAT Sucked!" LOL!

PERFECT!

I wish I had bought everyone of those that the store had!