Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Sunday, March 02, 2008

Heart Attacks

Those of you who read the blogs in my blog roll already know that Maya's Granny had a heart attack. She and her daughter have written about it, the onset, what she's going through now to deal with it (surgery). For anyone who has not read her, it's informative about the experience and also how a strong person goes through such a life changing event. Most of us who read her blog regularly have been following her experience, hopeful and caring that she is going to make a full recovery.

Then I got an email today from my cousin with more information on what it's like when a woman has a heart attack. I think we know that it's not the same as a man. Too bad heart attacks, frightening as they are, don't come with a handy list of what always will be present, but they don't.

I double checked the email with Snopes and thought their longer version was well worth reading-- heart attack.

Like many of us, I don't like looking at health issues because I don't like thinking about it, never watch disease of the month movies, but knowing I am overweight, am in my mid-60s, have a genetic history of relatives with heart problems, I knew this was something I should be thinking about-- enjoy it or not. Whether you have such problems, it is still worth reading for your family or people you might meet.

And send good thoughts Maya's Granny's way. Hopefully she will make a full recovery but she has been through at the least a very traumatic, frightening, life changing, and dangerous experience. Her blog is always worth reading for the information in it-- but most especially right now: Maya's Granny

5 comments:

robin andrea said...

I will head over there, rain. I was talking with someone just the other day who pointed out to me that women are even more likely to have heart attacks than men these days. It's definitely something we should be aware of, and living our lives accordingly.

Anonymous said...

May God bless Maya's granny !!!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I don't read her, but I am a;ways sorry to hear of anyone having serious health issues! I will definitely read that link, Rain...And THANKS so much for that!

Dick said...

A fulltime RVer friend who is only in his mid-50s died last Thursday evening, probably from a heart attack, and I thought he was in good health. A person doesn't always survive their first one. My Dad finally died from his third but that was after having a lung removed in 1947 (one of the first) and being told he was lucky if he lived five years. He died in 1979.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this update. I had somehow missed the first news, so was not aware of this. She is a strong, feisty, and determined woman - she'll be OK.