Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Morning moon

Because this Wolf Moon has been so spectacular, I decided I would bundle up and go out this morning to get some morning photos. The golden color seemed to show up even more and I felt sure I could capture it without any enhancements.

It's really cold here and I felt happy with the photos I knew I had taken, got back inside and realized I had taken them all without the card in place which meant no pictures. grrrrrr

I reattached the tripod (not an easy task), set up the telephoto, bundled back up, and out I went, barely making it before the moon disappeared; but I must say, cold out there as it was, I would have missed the moment it dipped below the horizon. I think (making myself feel better for the earlier goof) the photos were better the second time around. There is something about a moon on the horizon that not only makes it seem larger but also more symbolic.

3 comments:

Maya's Granny said...

All of your wolf moon photos are exquisite! Since I do sleep with a mask, a necessity when half the year the sun is up during much of the night and you have no curtains, I had not noticed the moon but I will check it out tonight.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

These are just Fabulous, Rain! Really stunning photos, in every way....
I LOVE the way the trees kind of shoot up and "frame" the moom in a way.....And in that second picture when I made it big...it looks like a close (cloche) cap or hat....Just Magnificent....! THRILLING PICTURES!

I didn't know that Chickens will eat their own eggs....! Whatever they are doing down below my house...MORE is coming...Another structure is in the process of being built...Pigs, maybe?

Patty said...

Beautiful Photos!