Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Friday, December 21, 2007

Winter Solstice

Finally Winter Solstice is here and once again we begin the slow but steady march back to more warmth and light. I actually like both Solstices as each represents an extreme-- hot to cold, light to dark. Winter Solstice tells us the earth has symbolically died. It is waiting now to be reborn. How exciting is that!

I realize a calendar is nothing more than a way to keep time, but I like the time when we say good-bye to one year and it's onto the next. To be honest, I expected 2007 to be a great year for me and not to say it wasn't fine, but it wasn't 'my' year either as I had expected last January given 7 is my number.

From what I have been reading, numerologists are saying 2008 will be a year of beginnings, of reaping benefits (based on a system of adding numbers together until you have them down the lowest possible number-- for 2008 that's 1). So where I thought last year was a 7, to numerologists, it was 9 representing the last year of a cycle, a year for questioning, new choices, maybe even chaos. Anything that tells me a new year will be better than the last is A-okay with me.

Because I know many people are already stressed with Christmas preparations, over the next couple of days, I thought I'd share some Christmas music. First up is:

The Pogues, Kirsty MacColl -- (and if you have a slow connection, it may sound better if you go take the link directly to YouTube) Fairytale of New York

5 comments:

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

I knew you would have something interesting up for the solstice. I've been wrapping packages and now will go sit quietly for a while and really "read" what you said.

Anonymous said...

About a week ago I stood looking at the western sky as the sun went to rest, and it occurred to me that the solstice was coming up in a few days. Then I promptly forgot about it as I plunged into the busy-ness that seems to define the Season. Thanks for the reminder.

I do wish for you that 2008 will really be your year and that you will relish what comes your way and what you have.

And in case I don't make it back this way in the next day or so, have a wonderful, healthy, safe, and happy Holiday Season!

Anonymous said...

I'm also a #7 and thought this past year would be "my" year. It so was NOT! Not my worst, but far from my best.
My son called me this morning to wish me a Happy Winter Solstice....I thought that was really cool.
And I'm looking ahead to 2008 with much anticipation and good energy.
Wishing you the same.
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

Allan Erickson said...

Hiya Rain...

Solstice has been the literal turning for me for about 30 years now... dating back to my college days when I so luckily made some of my best friends and together we discovered the earth in that most indigenous sense.

Fortunately for me my mother's (RIP) birthday is Dec 21st so I was always able to remember both my mothers simultaneously.

Best to you my friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi, constantly i used to check web site posts here early in the
daylight, for the reason that i love to gain knowledge
of more and more.