Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Chance to Help

Reading the New York Times this morning, I came across this story, A Life of Helping Becomes One in Need of Help, about the woman who was the victim of random violence from a knife attack in New York City, October 6, 2007. I have read anything that I find about this lady as it's so easy to see how it could truly be any of us. When someone goes berserk, it's only fate that determines who ends up in their path.

Please read the article about her problems as she tries to work her way back to some level of normalcy and then consider going to this site-- Friends of Susan Barron where you will find information on how you might help if you are so moved.

I know we can't give to everything that comes along, but this seems like a woman who has given of herself to others all of her life and now is the one needing a helping hand. On a personal level, these are the kind of people I most like to help when I come across them.

I was happy this site takes PayPal which is another of those internet devices which I find handy. So easy to use and safer than a credit card-- so far. :)

4 comments:

robin andrea said...

I saw that article in the Times this morning and couldn't bring myself to read it. Then, after seeing the link here, I did. It's a heartbreak, the acts one person can commit on another. What savagery lives in the hearts of some? I hope Ms. Barron recovers well and finds all the support she needs. I suspect she will, thanks to people like you, rain. Your good heart beats across thousands of miles.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a wonderful thing to do Rain....A Perfect way to help someone, especially at Christmastime....I made a small donation...And I wish it could be more....But maybe, if lots and lots of people make small donations, it will ADD UP!

A Very Merry Christmas to you dear Rain.

Anonymous said...

I was also very familiar with this story because she happens to own a Scottish Terrier (as I do) and was walking her dog when this happened.
Imagine...in broad daylight! The blog I visit on Scottish Terrier News also put Susan's story and the link to help. Such a horrific act.
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

Sandy said...

Truly wonderful of you to add this to your blog Rain. We had something similar happen in Eastern Canada approx. 5 days ago. An elderly gentleman who did SO much for his community was attacked and ultimately died while handing out Christmas cards to his neighbors. Unfortunately you are right, you have no idea when someone is going to go off the deep end and go on a rampage.