Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Monday, July 02, 2007

Mountain Stream


I have a fascination with water
in whatever form I find it
from the lowly puddle to the mighty sea, but most especially in
mountain streams.
It is not enough for me to see water.
Possessively, I want to own it!
Yes, I know... no one can own water--
at best we borrow it,
but I try through touching, wading, swimm
ing, and photographing.


I want to ma
ke it part of me--
after all, are we not one?





I peer beneath its surface

to see what treasures it might hold
I look for its reflections.
I linger along its banks,
taking some of its power for my own
. Does it guess why I am here?

Mountain streams are boisterous,
no
isy, fast moving
proud of their own strength--
relentless in their quest toward the sea. They begin gradually, a spring, a bit of snow melt.


Their power grows until nothing must stand
in their way
to complete
their cycle of life--
only to begin again!

Yes, they are like me.....





Kootenai Creek Trail, Bitterroot Valley, Montana

9 comments:

Ingineer66 said...

Nice photos. You look truly happy.

Mary Lou said...

Well I guess I did not wait long enough for all the pictures to load, cause all I saw was water, none of Rain!

DAMN those word verifications are really hard to see.

Rain Trueax said...

the picture of me was in the first one, Mary Lou, and I will try again without the verification, and see if the ones who had me set to post something there every day have gone on to greener pastures. I don't like the little letter thingy either, but it was getting ridiculous. I hope they have a list and you can get removed from it! I can't figure out what they gain from it and does anybody ever reward them by clicking on their links?

robin andrea said...

I feel this way about the ocean. I have to live close to it. I love the tides and the rhythms. There is definitely something about water that is absolutely primal.

Kay Dennison said...

I love water -- lots of it. I grew up on the shores of Lake Erie in Toledo where we also had two rivers surrounding the small peninsula where my neighborhood was located. I love the ocean, too. What I hate most about where I am now is that there's no water worthy of note. What you have shown us here, Rain, is some pretty good water. And it shows in the glow of your smile! You look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics and a lovely lady go hand-in-hand. :)

Ingineer66 said...

I understand the need for the word verification, but I would say at least 50% of the time I have to enter it a second time because I get it wrong. Too bad a few bad apples make it so tough for the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos, Rain and lovely poetry.
I'm a Pisces...So I too love water!

Sandy said...

I feel the same way that Robin does, although I didn't know it until I moved to Vancouver Island. There is nothing quite like it, but as in your post, I too, love water most especially ocean or a river that is running fast!