Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Thursday, May 31, 2007

Blue Moon

'Blue moon, you saw me standing alone
without a dream in my heart
without a love of my own.'

There is something magical about the full moon. Lovers plight their troth with one and it lasts forever, right? Well maybe not but it's magical anyway. Unfortunately its magic can be both positive and negative. More accidents and violent events seem to happen with full moons according to hospital records.

For me, I hardly ever sleep as well during some full moons. Others pass right on by and I barely know they were there. This particular one has bee
n hitting me over the head with its presence.

These photographs were of an almost full moon taken in Romero Ruins, Arizona March 2007. It seemed that to be there, as the moon rose over the remnants of several cultures, had to be special, right?

Once in a blue moon is a pretty common expression meaning something happens rarely. A blue moon coming in the month of May is even more rare, but we are having one tonight-- as in the second full moon for May.

Some say this will be a powerful time and just in case that's true, in case you believe in planting by the moon, well, give it a try with this one. I have written on moon cycles four times in my blog, which you can find if you click on the label at the bottom of this page.
Lately I haven't been doing my own moon exercises, but I plan to use this one and put up my paper last night. I will keep it up until the new moon when I will write what I want to see materialize in my life. Does it work? I don't know but it's kind of enjoyable to do and does help focus on what I want.

Stephanie St. Claire sent me the following in an email-- 'Full moon is at 6:04PM May 31st MST: Honor what has shown up in your life as a teacher, agent of change, opportunity or inspiration. Agree with yourself that you will use this opportunity as a way to be inspired rather than diminished, inconvenienced or victimized. Your attitude is everything. Remember that keeping your frequency high through spiritual practice, time in the sun, humor and love, is the antidote to depression, lethargy and despair.'

And for those interested in astrology, this is from Astrological Musings regarding this full moon.

8 comments:

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Last night I didn't sleep for awhile. I started thinking up imagery and tonight if I don't sleep I will think of the blue moon over an ocean floating three imaginary pirates. I'll set the imaginary pirates in motion interacting with themselves and their stolen umbrella life boats. This is, for me, a creative phase of the moon.

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I tell ya that song poped into my head before I even read your post. LOLOL No kidding! Very beautiful! Great post!
:)

Joy Des Jardins said...

Rain, these pictures are just beautiful...especially that first one. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a blue moon...not that I remember. I think it's always been one of those mysteries, and one many of us never knew was actually real or not. You've given us proof....thanks Rain.

Ingineer66 said...

I didn't sleep well Wednesday night then last night my dogs were driving me crazy all night. I am dragging today. I wonder if it is because of the full moon, which was beautiful last night.

Mary Lou said...

It was a gorgeous big bright ORANGE moon last night, and I knew about the Blue moon but did not realize it was last night's also! It almost looked like a FALL moon.

Anonymous said...

Your photos are gorgeous!
And as an RN, I can vouch on the increased accidents, etc. and also that patients just acted plain strange during a full moon.
As for me....I seem to have more energy. I don't require as much sleep and I also seem to be more creative during full moons.

joared said...

I love the night picture of the "man of the mountain." The tune "Blue Moon" has always conjured melancholy thoughts for me. I think the true meaning of blue moon is quite different than what we perceive.

Anonymous said...

I love this photo of the blue sky, cactus, moon. Did you take that in Tucson? I almost wrote about the blue moon on this day, but never got around to it.