Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Sunday, November 19, 2006

Your accent

I got this test from Nobody Asked and thought it was fun. It seemed accurate to me as I have always thought in my part of the West (sometimes referred to as left) Coast, we don't have much accent which it affirmed. If you go to Eastern Oregon, they have western drawls, which I much love and can pick up if around it for long-- love them twangs. :)

They did leave out a couple of words that we do say differently in my part of the woods. To me, creek is crick not creek and I am prone to say ever so often, not every so often which is (or so I am told when I type the other) more correct. Wash is also said differently other places. Many of us out hyar get an r into it for some reason.


What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West

The Inland North

Philadelphia

The South

Boston

North Central

The Northeast

What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug, Rain. Do you really say "here" as "hyar" as typed in your last sentence? Or was that a verbal typo?

robin andrea said...

I am impressed. It pegged me as being from north Jersey. Absolutely right on! How cool.

Rain Trueax said...

it wasn't a typo but it's the kind of drawl I like-- more Eastern Oregon than Western

Ingineer66 said...

I was by far the Midland followed by the West. Many people around here say crick for creek and have a redneck accent.

Sandy said...

lol, I live on the west coast in Canada, so, aside from the fact that I do not reside in the U.S. it gave me a definite "West" for my answer even though I was born in Eastern Canada. I don't believe I have any accent (my parents do, moreso my father than mother) it is called the "Ottawa Valley accent" which is not really an accent but again, more in the way several words are said..not many, maybe 6? that I know of. Other than talking too fast at times I believe I sound like most people just to the south of me for sure and in different parts of the U.S. I think "crick" and some other variations on words are also a type of slang that go along with the area that you live in? Just a thought. Oh *g* I say "eh" VERY rarely ;)

Anonymous said...

It said that I have a Southern accent. Well I am from South Carolina ! LOL

Joy Des Jardins said...

I registered Inland North. Okay...I guess. Is that the same as the Midwest? I've lived in the Chicago suburbs all my life; but definitely DO NOT have the "typical" ChiTown accent. Interesting.

Anonymous said...

I'm the midland north. Actually, I was born in L.A., but my whole family was from Holland, MI, so I guess that's pretty accurate. Cute quiz.