Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, March 29, 2006

New moon


For anyone who is into moon cycles, we are in the phase of the new moon, a time for planting ideas, plants of certain types, a time to begin new growth. Right now, I am doing my growing, my feeling of the movement of the tides, in Tucson Arizona. How can a desert have tides? Well they do or at least this one does.

On the way down here, I played Carrie Newcomer's Moon over Tucson. If you have ever seen a full moon rise over the Catalina Mountains, you won't forget it-- no matter how many other beautiful things you might see other places. I won't see a full moon this trip as this is to get certain repairs done on the house here; so in and out fairly quickly but as always, I will be back.

This picture, the ones from yesterday and what I take this week will all be related to the trip down and Tucson itself. I didn't put anything about where I got those pictures in the last blog because I didn't want to get in the way of the geese, who represent something mystical to me. This photograph was also taken on the way down-- in the same place as the geese, northern California (just south of Alturas) and at a wetlands that has been restored to a piece of what it once was as a beautiful place for birds to nest and man to savor for a moment a bit of wildness. The mountains in the distance would be the northern slope of the Sierra Nevada.

For those interested in technical details, the digital cameras were Canon EOS 20D and Rebel. The telephoto lens was 100-300mm).

3 comments:

Mary Lou said...

WOW!! I love the pictures! THere is a big lake in Nevada...Walker Lake, that has a lot of the white pelicans on it.

Frankie Laine sang that song I think... Long time ago!!

Anonymous said...

Nice pix! If you are back there when there is a full moon, would love to see that too. Enjoy a safe journey...

Anonymous said...

Tonight is dark moon, Rain, and you are writing your "visualizations" for the month in Tucson and I am writing them here. Beautiful photos and I look forward to seeing Tucson photos. I just love the bird sanctuary I once visited there--and the astronomy lab on top of a mountain. Enjoy your trip.